Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where Ya' Been???

This week has been an unusually busier week. For the past five and half months, I haven't had a consistent job. I have been doing fill in work at dental offices when they need a sub. Some months were busy and some were extremely slow. But the Lord has blessed us, and we never came up short on the budget. Most months we actually had a surplus. I really love dental hygiene and cleaning teeth and didn't want to give up any chance to work as a dental hygienist. I had an opportunity come up recently for "job". It's not a dental hygiene job, but it brings in some extra money. I'm working with a retired professor from Andrews University doing data entry for a German English Religion and Theological Online dictionary. Pretty cool! The best part about this job is it is very flexible, and I can continue filling in as a hygienist. I can work up to 25 hours a week. So far this week I've been going in around 9am and leaving around 2pm or 3pm. Also eventually I'll be able to do it from home. I'm excited about this opportunity, and hopefully it will continue being as good as it seems

Matt came home from D.C on Monday afternoon. Yay!! I picked him up at the South Bend, IN airport. While in South Bend, we decided to go on a "date". We went to Steak N' Shake. Definitely not the healthiest meal, but oh so good.

We splurged and got a Mint Cookies and Cream Milkshake.

We really did share!



One of my favorite past times is road biking. Michigan doesn't make for very good winter road biking. So we have bike trainer that we ride in our basement. It's really a lot of fun and a lot warmer than outside. Matt and I are counting down the days until it's warm enough and cleared of snow. I rode on Monday night, which reminds me, I better get on the bike tonight too.


 Tuesday night we took a drive in very snowy conditions to Griffith, IN. We came home with this...
We are now proud owners of a snowblower. It will be very helpful and will even bring in some extra money too. Matt and our friend, Josh, are doing a snow blowing business together. It's pretty rad, good money for usually not that much time.


We got it on CraigsList. Recently we have become very avid buyers and sellers on CraigsList. We sold our PC desktop on Tuesday too before we bought the snowblower.


Today (Wednesday) I was very impressed with the icicles. There is one that is almost 3 feet long right in front of the living room window.


It has really been snowing here the last few days. This is a picture of the sidewalk in front of our house about 3 hours after Matt blew all the snow off. 

So maybe the next couple days, I'll have some more fun and exciting events and pictures.

Psalms 51:7 The Message
Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.

1 comment:

  1. Great dates happen at Steak N Shake! Especially when you get a shake, and especially when it's mint! ;-)

    ReplyDelete