Saturday, January 8, 2011

And the Days Go On and On...

 So lots of things have been happening the last couple of days. On Thursday I worked at one of my favorite dental offices. It was a great day. Lots of fun, interesting patients. Thursday night is usually our date night. So Matt and I went to El Rodeo in Benton Harbor. Then the highlight of the evening.... Grocery shopping!!!!


This is after our date night and grocery shopping. I'm still trying to get better about taking pictures. At least I remembered after we got home.


So one the big adventures this weekend was Matt's trip to Washington D.C. We left for the South Bend airport at 4am Friday. His flight left at 5:30am, and he was in D.C. by 9am. After driving to the airport I drove back home and slept for another 4 hours. Why did he go to D.C., you ask? A friend of his asked him to preach at his church for a special service. Lots of fun for Matt. But I'm counting down the hours until he comes home on Monday afternoon.


Friday we got some snow. Maglee and I got to do a brisk walk in the corn field. I got all bundled up!


I never could get Maglee to look at the camera.



Then this morning (Saturday) I woke up to about a foot of snow and even more has accumulated throughout day. Now it's probably at about two feet.

Snow and soup go well together. (Technically it's chowder!) I absolutely love Mimi's corn chowder and had the recipe. So I made it on the cold winter day. It was so yummy!

Maglee and I had to get a walk in today. It was quicker, because Maglee was getting a little chilly. I decided to walk on Andrews University's plowed sidewalks instead of attempting the corn field.

I'm enjoying my weekend and the quiet time the snow is providing. I didn't go to church this morning, but I watched the live stream. So glad that I did. It was awesome... Pastor Dwight Nelson talked about being a radical and having a missionary heart, like Abram when he left his home. Very inspiring! Here's the link for the audio. http://www.pmchurch.tv/article.php?id=43

Here the quote for the day. It's from the sermon I listened to this morning.

“It‟s a foundational truth: God creates, blesses, and saves each of us for a 
radically global purpose. But if we are not careful, we will be tempted to make 
exceptions. . . . But where in the Bible is missions ever identified as an optional program 
in the church? . . . Indeed, Jesus himself has not merely called us to go to all 
nations; he has created us and commanded us to go to all nations. We have taken this 
command, though, and reduced it to a calling—something that only a few people 
receive. . . . In the process we have unnecessarily (and unbiblically) drawn a line of 
distinction, assigning the obligations of Christianity for a few while keeping 
the privileges of Christianity for us all. In this way we choose to send off other 
people to carry out the global purpose of Christianity while the rest of us sit back 
because we‟re „just not called to that.‟” (Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the 
American Dream 71-73)

3 comments:

  1. sweet pics...who did matt go preach for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt preached at the Vienna SDA church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that pic of you and magley... shes so sweeeet!! :)

    ReplyDelete